The training days are over and in 2 days, I will be running my first half marathon! It seems like it was yesterday that I struggled to run 3 miles in, and now I am able to run up to 9.2 miles. The training did not end how I wanted due to pains and the busy holiday season, but I did all that I can to prepare for this race.
I know this is NOT going to be easy! 13.1 miles is very long, and I have NEVER ran that far before even during my training...so I am going to dedicate each mile and keep these special people in mind while running because without these people, I would not be where I am today! So here goes my mile dedication for my VERY FIRST HALF MARATHON!!
Mile 1: God
Mile 2: Mom
The 2nd mile will be dedicated to my mom who showed me that it is NEVER too old to start at something as long as you put your whole heart into it! She started taking karate in her 40's and now she's 2nd degree black belt and teaching little kids karate in Okinawa. We are across the BIG ocean away but she's always there on Facebook "cheer" me on even though it's been HOURS after my runs! She will be able to actually "cheer" me LIVE since it'll be about 6 o'clock in the afternoon (or 7pm??) in Okinawa this Saturday and can't wait to hear her cheers all the way from Okinawa!! Love you mom!!
Mile 3: Dad
My dad is always there for me and he was the one that got me started on playing tennis. He got off work early so he could watch me play during my high school years and was my "coach" over the fence on every home games we had. Even though he only been to one of my races, I know he's proud of what I have accomplished! Love you daddy!!
Mile 4: Marie
My sister and I are somewhat alike, but yet different. She ran her first 5k before me, but told me she's not fit for running and she doesn't know why I like running. I want to dedicate this mile to her because I want her to know that she can do what I am about to do if she puts her mind to it, and I know she can! She ran her first 5k faster than me, and I know she's capable of doing it! So this mile is for you, Sissy!!Mile 5: Buddy
Buddy had sacrificed A LOT during my training! I know he LOVES to go for a walk outside with his mama, but most of the times, he stayed at home while I concentrated on my running. I LOVE it when he greets me at the door after my long painful run and wags his tail and kisses me while I try to stretch. So this is for my baby boy who are staying with Aunt Nana this weekend!! (He still wants to meet Mickey and Minnie though! lol)
This is almost the half way point, and would like to dedicate this mile to all of my running princeeses, Amy & Amy, Bonnie, Dana, Dawn, Lori, Marcie, and Missy who will be running their VERY first half marathon in Feb with me and Betsy! I know they are working SO HARD and I can't wait to run another 13.1 MAGICAL miles with my new running friends!
Mile 7: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
This race's beneficiary is Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and would like to dedicate this mile to those who are fighting the disease and honor those who lost their battle. One of our family friend's daughter was diagnosed with juvenile Leukemia the day after her 11th birthday. Her and her family fought and fought and won the battle and she's now enjoying her college years at Georgia States!
Mile 8: Ronald McDonald House
I would also like to dedicate the next mile to Ronald McDonald house because I'm raising money for this wonderful organization when I run Princess half in Feb.
Mile 9: Michael
By Mile 9, I know I'll be struggling and will probably need something that would make me smile so I can finish up this mile! So I'm going to dedicate this mile to my sweet nephew Michael! I hope that one day, we can run his first 5k together at Disney! Love that baby boy!!Mile 10: Amber, Brent, Ashlyn, Megan, Ty, and Mallory
This mile is for my nieces and nephews to let them know that NOTHING is impossible and that sky is the limit! If Aunt Emy can do it, so can they! Love them all dearly!!
Mile 11: Christine
Mile 12: Betsy
This mile is going to be even tougher, and I'll probably hear my Coach Betsy's voice in my head telling me that I'm doing a great job, and that I can DO THIS! So I'm going to dedicate this special mile to my friend, Betsy, who also inspired me to run this half! I don't think I could have done this by myself if I didn't have someone who kept pushing me to the max!!
Mile 13: Jeff
None of this would be POSSIBLE if it wasn't for my wonderful "cheerleader/coach/husband" Jeff. He's my best friend, and he's my BEST coach ever! He's been to almost ALL of my races even though he hates getting up early in the morning. So I'm going to dedicate this LAST mile to my wonderful husband! Thank you for everything, honey!!Last 0.1 mile - ME!
This last tenth of the mile is all for me because I believed in myself that I could do this and I am going to FINISH IT STRONG!! I'm going to sprint as hard as I can (probably won't even stop for the last photo opp with a character), raise both hands up in their air with a big smile on my face, because I will know then that NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE!! So a big THANK YOU to all of the people who encouraged me and helped me get ready for my big race on Saturday! At last, I'll leave you with one of my FAVORITE QUOTE that I got from my princess friend couple weeks ago, and made it my slogan for this very special race!
"She BELIEVED she could, so SHE DID!"
Hope that you think of me, Betsy, and Jon (and 20,000 other runners this Saturday) and "cheer" us on Facebook!!! Can't wait to report back my 13.1 miles of MAGICAL experience!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment