Sunday, September 14, 2014

eCoaching with Jeff Galloway

I have been running since 2012, and just recently completed half marathon #12 couple of weeks ago (Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare). My fastest half marathon is still 3:17:33 (my first half marathon) and I can't seem to PR...I have discovered Jeff Galloway's e-coaching couple of months ago and have been contemplating on signing up for his ecosching. Well, after my #12, and the time hasn't improved (probably because I haven't followed the training program in a long time), I finally decided to bite the bullet and signed up for his e-coaching. 

2 days after signing up for his e-coaching, I got an email from Susan with some questions to be filled out.  I filled them out in details and send it back. Within a day or so, I got my personalized training program from Jeff Galloway!! (Which align with 4 half marathons and other races that I will be completing in the next 6 months). So you would think I was excited about going out there and run, right??? Wrong! I had a hard time getting out there and do my weekly workout!  I ended up missing the weekly workout but I did do my long run this weekend despite not feeling well.  

Jeff wanted me to do my long runs with 15/30 intervals with at least 16:30 pace. Well, most of my long runs ended up being 17-18min pace so I was little worried about keeping up with 15/30. I started my long run on Sunday night (finally decided to get out there and run) and walked for 5min before started on the intervals. after a mile, my pace went from 20min to 17:30 and I felt really good!! By mile 2, I was running 16:10!  It was very humid but I felt good the whole 3 miles!! My pace ended up being 16:20 (after the 5min cool down). And no aches and pains whatsoever! Not even my Plantar fasciitis!!!

So glad I did the long run today. Now I feel better about the training and about myself and now looking forward to do my weekly trIning next week!! 

My goal is to run 3:15 half marathon by the end of the coaching without any injuries! (Sub 3 would be GREAT if I can do it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment