Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Weekly Training Report: 6/24/12

Little late posting this....Anyway, my training week was alright this week.  I didn't get to do what I planned to do (as usual) and by Friday, my left knee started hurting so I took the weekend off from running.  The pain on my left knee was so familiar to what I felt back in January of 2011 after my very first 5k...and found out my VMO is weak so I had to do 6 weeks of physical therapy to strengthen the VMO....Well, I was supposed to continue on with the exercises and I haven't....the worst part, I bend my knee and sit on my left foot (like criss-crossing except only on my left leg)  when sitting on the couch for hours.  So that's why the pain came back...

Sunday: Leisure Walk
Buddy and I went out for a walk this morning since I promised him I would take him out for a walk this morning.  The sky was gray and looked like it was about to rain, but luckily we were able to finish our walk before the sky fell on us.  We did a one mile loop in our neighborhood and when we got to our road, I noticed our neighbor's dog (Buddy's enemy...they always bark fight in the backyard) was out loose!  So I turned around and walked the other directions before Brownie (our neighbor's dog) could see us.  I called Jeff and told him to come pick us up, and that's how we were able to come home without Buddy getting in a fight with Brownie.  It was a nice walk, and was great way for me to start the week of my training!

Walking with Buddy means forget about the pace!
Miles for the day: 1.06 miles @ 25:36 pace 

Monday: Rested (rained)

Tuesday: Treadmill Run
I got up early and decided to run on the treadmill since the weather was bad yesterday and it looked like it was about to rain again this morning.  Wow! What a great run!  I did 0.5m/0.25m intervals today and I ended up running longer than my plan! It was so nice to get a run in first thing in the morning because I feel great and energize for the rest of the day!!
Miles for the day: 4 miles @ 15:01 pace 

Wednesday: Track Workout - Week 7
Wow! What a great attitude I had going to the track workout today!  I left my friend's house an hour early so I can prepare myself for the ladder workout today....instead, I decided to do the first workout as a warm up to see if I can even do it!!  I just wanted to make sure I PACE myself while running....Well, good news and a bad news...good news is that I CAN do it!  Bad news??  I used up all of my energy so by the time the actual workout began, I ended up stopping after the 800m!!  But I was so proud of myself because I DID IT!!

Warm up....
Lap 1 (400m) - 3:09 (1:16 walk break)
Lap 2 (800m) - 6:17 (with 4:54 walk break)
Lap 3 (1200m) - 10:26
Then walked until it was time to do it again


Actual exercise:
Lap 1 (400m) - 2:56 (1:16 walk break)
Lap 2 (800m) - 6:44 (with 1:05 walk break)
Then walked the rest!!!
Miles for the day: 3.97 miles @ 15:15 pace 

Thursday: Rested

Friday: Rested

Saturday: Rested

WEEKLY TOTAL: 9.03 miles

Training plan for next week:
Since my knee is in pain, I'm going to take it easy this week and will just walk at least 2 miles everyday...and no track work out this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment