1) I did all of the major races hosted by runDisney (DL half and Tower of Terror 10 Miler in September, and Wine and Dine in November) and got my coast to coast medal in 2012. I must say, of all the races at Disney, I really enjoyed the Wine and Dine course despite being a night race and I got sick before the start of the race.
2) In 2013, I ran the Dolad Half with my friend George, I meant Keisha (her very first half) and then ran the Princess half for Team RMHC, my first charity race, then of course did ToT again (going for Perfect status here!). In November, I ran my very first non-Disney half marathon race (Rock n Roll Savannah) and really enjoyed the race! I enjoyed it so much that I signed up for another non-Disney race, the Space Coast Half the weekend after Thanksgiving. I was VERY impressed with the medal for Space Coast and will be planning on running that race for the next 4 years for the Big Bang Series!!
3) My running mojo has been up and down during this past a year and a half (I did not train for most of the races at all) but since I found out that we (my friend Betsy and her hubby Jon and couple of the strangers on FB) got selected to run the Nike Women's Half in April 2014 that my running mojo has been sky rocketed!! (No I'm still slow...lol). So now, I'm in my training mode! (Like......seriously!!)
4) 2014 started off real slow....I just did Minnie 10k during the WDW marathon weekend and skipped the Donald half. Since I was already there for the 10k, I decided to volunteer at the expo and on course during the marathon on Sunday. It was FUN, and definitely will do that again for a free Disney ticket!!
5) I ran the Gasparilla 5k and Half marathon (race recap to be published later) at the end of February and then decided to qualify for the Half Fanatics by running my hometown race, the Albany Half marathon (race recap to be published later!). I have NOT officially signed up to be a part of the fanatics YET, but I'm sure I will in the future.
Thoughts on the past two years of my running journey...I ran my first 5k at Disney and my first half at Disney. Back then, I would never thought I would do any races outside of Disney because I thought it would be boring. Well, guess I was WRONG! Each races (non-Disney) is so unique that I really enjoyed every single one of them! The Rock n Roll Savannah had an awesome finish line for runners (and not to mention the free beer for the post race recovery drink) and running through historical Savannah was pretty neat.
Space coast half...what can I say??? The out and back course is so beautiful and the finisher's medal is better than Disney (and a beach towel at the finish line!?!? Awesome!!). I did Gasparilla because of the pirate medal....but I didn't expect the awesome food at the finish line!! (Salad, rice and beans, yogurt, smoothie....and so much more!!). And then there's Albany Half Marathon...I decided to run that so I can qualified for the half fanatics! I never thought I would really enjoy the course!!
So now, there you have it...and my runnung journey still continues!! I'm looking forward to signing up for other races and maybe try to shoot for 6 half marathons in 6 consecutive months!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment