(Oh, by the way, my week starts on Sunday!)
Sunday: Rest
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Rest (yup! I rested, and rested, and rested!! hahahaha!)
Wednesday: Track Workout
Today's track workout was AWFUL! It was awful because of the heat and my body...my body was NOT in the mood for a speed workout at all! We were supposed to do 8 x 800m with 2:30 rest, but I was only able to do 4 and....let me just say....was horrible! (Lap 1 - 2:40, Lap 2 - 2:42, Lap 3 - 3:01, Lap 4 - took a walking break, Lap 5 - 3:14, then walked the rest) I did much better last week than this week...
Miles for the day: 2.13 miles @ 17:28 pace
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Rest
Saturday: A late afternoon run
I purchase Garmin Forerunner 210 so I decided to take it for a run today to see if the GPS was accurate. The run wasn't easy and my legs and ankles started hurting, but I think it's because I gained 5lbs in the last month and haven't really run like I'm supposed to...Anyway, after my run, I went to mapmyrun.com and mapped out my run and compared the three to see if they were accurate (I had Nike+GPS running as well...can't give that up since I like to hear people "cheering" for me).
Here are the results:
Mapmyrun.com 2.27 miles
Nike+GPS 2.28 miles
Garmin 2.20 miles
Well, as you can see Nike+GPS was much more closer to mapmyrun.com but I really liked Garmin Forerunner because I was also able to keep up with my heart rate.
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Rest
Saturday: A late afternoon run
I purchase Garmin Forerunner 210 so I decided to take it for a run today to see if the GPS was accurate. The run wasn't easy and my legs and ankles started hurting, but I think it's because I gained 5lbs in the last month and haven't really run like I'm supposed to...Anyway, after my run, I went to mapmyrun.com and mapped out my run and compared the three to see if they were accurate (I had Nike+GPS running as well...can't give that up since I like to hear people "cheering" for me).
Here are the results:
Mapmyrun.com 2.27 miles
Nike+GPS 2.28 miles
Garmin 2.20 miles
Well, as you can see Nike+GPS was much more closer to mapmyrun.com but I really liked Garmin Forerunner because I was also able to keep up with my heart rate.
Miles for the day: 2.28 miles @ 14:12 pace
WEEKLY TOTAL: 4.41 miles
(I'm gonna go with the Nike since I'm keeping up all of my miles on Nike+GPS)
Training plan for next week: Technically, I am training for 2 races (Disneyland half marathon on Sept 2 and Tower of Terror 10-miler on Sept 29) so I'm going to have to combine the 2 together. Luckily, I'm already committed to track workout on Wednesdays, so I am not going to do the speed workout for Jeff Galloway training plan (or should I??) on the days that it require me to do it, which is usually on the weekends. In addition to my training plan, I'm also going to walk at least 2 miles everyday next week!
Tuesday - 30 to 45 min run
Wednesday - Track workout (8 x 800m and 2:15 break)
Thursday - 30 to 45 min run
Saturday - 4 miles
WEEKLY TOTAL: 4.41 miles
(I'm gonna go with the Nike since I'm keeping up all of my miles on Nike+GPS)
Training plan for next week: Technically, I am training for 2 races (Disneyland half marathon on Sept 2 and Tower of Terror 10-miler on Sept 29) so I'm going to have to combine the 2 together. Luckily, I'm already committed to track workout on Wednesdays, so I am not going to do the speed workout for Jeff Galloway training plan (or should I??) on the days that it require me to do it, which is usually on the weekends. In addition to my training plan, I'm also going to walk at least 2 miles everyday next week!
Tuesday - 30 to 45 min run
Wednesday - Track workout (8 x 800m and 2:15 break)
Thursday - 30 to 45 min run
Saturday - 4 miles
No comments:
Post a Comment