Sunday, June 17, 2012

Weekly Training Report: 6/11/12

I totally forgot to factor in the fact that I had to wear my glasses on Friday (and the next 5 days) so it was hard trying to run with my glasses this week as I was  not used to it.  (I only wear glasses at night).  However, I tried my very best and did what I needed to do even if I had to walk my miles in!!

Sunday: Rest

Monday: Rest

Tuesday: 40min 1/1 Interval Run
I waited til right around almost noon to go for a run today.  It was cloudy so I thought I would be ok...but as soon as I stepped outside, the sun decided to shine BRIGHTLY on me the whole time!  I tried my best to do 1/1 combo but ended up walking the last mile again...and once I got home, the sun went away and the rain started coming down!  I guess the sun wanted to play with me today!!
Miles for the day: 2.40 miles @ 15:57 pace


Wednesday: Track Workout - Week 5
Oh BOY!  This week was TOUGH! We did 2x400m, 800m, 2x400m, and then 800m!!  He gave us our average pace, and mine should be 2:54 for 400m and 6:00 for 800m....I went to the track workout with my head in the game...but the heat and humidity got the best of me (as you can see my results).  I hope to do better next week!

Lap 1 (400m) - 2:49 (2:00 walk break)
Lap 2 (400m) - 2:51 (with 1:48 walk break)
Lap 3 (800m) - 6:18
Lap 4 (400m) - walked the entire lap
Lap 5 (400m) - 3:06
Lap 6 (800m) - 10:23 (walked)
Miles for the day: 3.28 miles @ 17:20 pace 

Thursday: Rest
I decided to rest today since I woke up feeling like a truck ran over me this morning...Used BioFreeze for the first time since Princess Half in Feb!


Friday: 45min 1/1 Interval Run
I totally forgot I needed to wear my glasses today!!  I first took Buddy for a nice walk (a nice long warm up for me!) then did 2 miles of 1/1 interval run.  I decided to take off my glasses since it bothered me while I was running.  I did good the first mile, but my shins started hurting while running...but didn't give up...I slowed down, and took many walk breaks, but on the last run, I ran down Northlake drive (about 0.3 miles) all the way back to my road!  Then I walked as I cool down for 10 minutes.  I'm so glad I went for an early run this morning rather than waiting til in the late afternoon!
Miles for the day: 3.00 miles @ 17:34 pace


Saturday: Long Run (6 miles)
I got up SUPER EARLY (not intentional) and went for a run around 7:30 this morning.  I knew it was going to be a rough run because my shins started hurting the first mile and my glasses kept slipping off my face.  Every time I do a long run (longer than 3 miles), I usually go to the neighbor, more richer, subdivision, so I don't get bored doing loops around my neighborhood.  I did a lot more walking than running, but when I started running, I noticed that I don't huff and puff any more like I used to...I do feel like my body is trying to pace so that I don't get tired...I did several runs that were longer than 2 minutes and I was very proud of myself for that! If it wasn't for the pain, I think I would have kept running!  I enjoyed running in this neighborhood because most of them are shaded areas and the view is wonderful! (especially when I get to the lake!).  By 4.5 miles, I was back to my neighborhood, and thought about cutting my run short...but then I decided against that!  "I can walk 1.5 miles to reach my goal," my mind spoke...so I did....instead of taking a right to go back home, I took a left and finished miles for the day, and I'm so glad I did!

This view of the lake is worth going to this subdivision!
Miles for the day: 6.4 miles @ 15:39 pace

WEEKLY TOTAL: 15.08 miles

Training plan for next week:
I decided to add additional track workout to my training so I can keep up with my Wednesday track workout group!

Sunday - Rest
Monday - *Track Workout (6x400m with 2:15 break) - IF my legs won't hurt!
Tuesday -  Leisure walk (2 miles)
Wednesday - track workout (4x400m and 2x800m)
Thursday - 45min 1/1 interval run
Friday - Leisure walk (2 miles)
Saturday - Long run (6 miles)

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work! I am hoping to get motivated and inspired after Sadie's arrival and my recovery:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know you will :). Maybe you can join us for Princess half one year!!!

    ReplyDelete