Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weekly Training Report: 6/3/12

Here's the recap of my training this week!  Wow! I was very motivated (somewhat) this week, thanks to my new gadget and this blog!!  I ended up resting on Friday because my body wasn't quite used to this daily activity that I had plan for this week, and also realized that I NEEDED to rest my body!!


Sunday: Leisure Walk
I decided to go ahead and get my walk out of the way this morning, and Jeff and Buddy decided to tag along with me on my walk (They ended up doing only 1 mile since it was getting hot for Buddy).  We took the same route that I did yesterday to see if my Garmin will track the same miles as yesterday...and you know what?  It did!  So my new Garmin is pretty accurate.  On mapmyrun.com, it calculates the distance by measuring the middle of the road, but I walk on the edge of the road...so I'm thinking that's why my Garmin was 0.07 mile off than mapmyrun.com's measurement.  I'm also glad I had my Garmin with me today!!  Around 1.8 miles, I realized that my Nike+GPS didn't give me the audio feedback (I had it set for every 1/4 mile) and realized that the app PAUSED!!  Thank goodness for Garmin.  Luckily, I was able to calibrate the run (which the app doesn't usually give me that option after every run...) on Nike+GPS so I was able to log my miles for the day.
Miles for the day: 2.21 miles @ 18:29 pace (Garmin)


Monday: Leisure Walk
Walked 1/2 mile with Buddy this morning despite less sleep last night.  I took him back home and walked (and ran a little) the rest.  I thought getting out at 8:30 in the morning will be still nice and cool but the sun was beaming already! I guess I need to get up earlier IF I wanted a nice cool run in the summer!  Overall, I'm proud of myself that I went out there and walked!!
Miles for the day: 2.25 miles @ 18:17 pace (Garmin)


Tuesday: 40min run/walk
I wanted to run in the late afternoon to get used to the heat, but my plan was ruined by south Georgia's weather. So instead, I did my run on the treadmill.  I was able to run 5 min at 4.5 mph and walked 3 min at 3mph.
Miles for the day: 3.07 miles @ 13.09 pace


Wednesday: Track Workout - Week 4
Today's goal was 6 x 800m with 2:15min walk breaks in between.  This is my 4th week with track workout and last week was horrible and ended up only doing 3 laps and walked the rest.  Every time I come to the track, I get nervous because I'm surrounded by runners and always felt like I was out of place because I'm always the last one in the group 2.  So I got there early and walked 3 laps (0.76 miles) before we started the workout.  I tried my very best and ended up only doing 6 x 400m but that was the BEST track workout EVER!  I FINALLY saw the progress in this workout! I was able to average 2:40 every time I ran 400m, which is what I was supposed to do! I still need a little longer walk breaks, but at least I was able to do what Mike Beeman wanted us to do in the past 4 weeks!  Yes, I was still the last of the pack, but that's my pace and I'm sticking to it!  I was a bit discourage last week because my time seemed to slip away at every lap (and the last lap being 15 seconds slower than the one before it) so I almost gave up on the training, but glad I stuck to it!  And here is the result of my workout today:

Lap 1 - 2:41 (with 1:05 walk break...realized I was a minute short of my walking break!)
Lap 2 - 2:40 (with 1:46 walk break)
Lap 3 - 2:42
Lap 4 - walk the entire lap
Lap 5 - 2:41 (with 2:18 walk break)
Lap 6 - 2:42
Lap 7 - walk the entire lap
Lap 8 - 2:38 (the best ever!!)

Miles for the day: 3.29 miles @ 16:08 pace 

Thursday: Leisure Walk (and little bit of running)
My new shoes (Asics Kayano 18 in blue) and the inserts came in last night so I decided take them for a walk.
Miles for the day: 3.5 miles @ 17:26 pace


Friday: Rest


Saturday: Long Run (4 miles)
I totally missed the opportunity to run this morning while it was nice and cool because I wasn't feeling well. Then decided to go for my long run 1 1/2 hrs after I ate a big lunch, which turned out to be a BAD IDEA!  My plan was to do 1/1 intervals, and by 2 miles in, it turned out to be "run whenever you feel like it" intervals...lol  By the end, I pretty much walked the rest.  Not a good result, but at least I went out there and did what I needed to do!!
Miles for the day: 4.39 miles @ 16:05 pace

WEEKLY TOTAL: 18.71 miles

Training plan for next week:
After thinking about my 2 training plans by Jeff Galloway, I decided to stick with "Finish in the Upright Position" training guide for both races rather than to improve my time training guide for half marathon since I'm already doing a speed workout on Wednesday nights.  So here is my plan for next week....

Monday - Leisure walk (2 miles)
Tuesday -  45 min run with 1/1 intervals
Wednesday - track workout
Thursday - leisure walk (2 miles) OR rest
Friday - 45min run with 2/1 intervals OR leisure walk (it depends on my body)
Saturday - Long run (8 miles for half and 3 miles for ToT according to the training guides...average them up and came up with 6 miles!  So I'm going to do 6 miles this week with 1/1 intervals...If I'm up for it, I'll do 2/1 intervals...)

No comments:

Post a Comment